Hello, Local Milk readers! This week on our Fresh Milk round-up we have put together a list of 10 slow-living inspired gift ideas for a Mother’s Day at home. Normally this is a holiday for fancy brunch and getting out and doing something special together, but for many, this year necessitates a somewhat different approach. Beth is currently holed up on a houseboat along the Tennessee River, making for a long-distance Mother’s Day celebration for her, Matt, & Eula.
We hope this list inspires you to think a little outside the box for what to send or drop on mom’s porch this year. If you’re going to be able to spend it together, we have you covered there, too! We also keep budget in mind since so many are facing financial uncertainty right now. Showing Mom love doesn’t have to be expensive!
A Mother’s Day at Home Gift List
- A floral bath soak you can make and drop on her doorstep.
- Give the latest Kinfolk with a photo series of kids raiding Mom & Dad’s closet.
- Craft a DIY canvas baby wipes cover for a new mama.
- If you’re quarantined together, make her one of the 20 greatest recipes of all time.
- Send her something cozy for all that time cooped up at home.
- Ship a soy wax candle making kit that includes a LIVE stream how-to class!
- Forage a spring arrangement for her while on a socially distanced walk.
- Help her pass the quarantine hours with this boob puzzle or go mod still-life.
- Get a produce delivery subscription sent to her door.
- Order her a beautiful photo print from Jamie Beck’s isolation creation series.
And remember, you can never, ever go wrong with nothing more than a simple and thoughtful letter. What mama wouldn’t want to receive a note on this beautiful handmade paper?
Wishing all you mama’s love!
xo – Local Milk