Hi, Local Milk Family! It’s Fresh Milk Friday, and we’ve rounded up 20 of our favorite breakfast recipes from across the web. If there was ever a weekend to make a stack of pancakes or a spring veggie frittata, Mother’s Day is it. And if you’re the mama who deserves a lazy breakfast in bed this weekend, maybe you can pass on your fave recipe from this list to your partner or oldest kiddo. Let’s call it a “this or that list” from some of our favorite food blogs and recipe creators (and a few from the LM blog!).
A Weekend for Breakfast in Bed Recipe Round-up
- Figgy Buckwheat Scones or The Best Waffle Recipe from 101 Cookbooks
- Chilaquiles Brunch Casserole or Breakfast Pizza from Smitten Kitchen
- Oatmeal Souffle or Veggie Eggs Benedict from Sprouted Kitchen
- Flaky Ricotta Biscuits or Lemony Sweet Rolls from Yossy Arefi
- Classic Diner Breakfast or How to Make Pancakes from Alison Roman
- Habit Forming Granola or Congee with Spinach, Shiitake and Ginger from Feed the Swimmers
- Sourdough Crumpets or Spring Omelette from A Daily Something
- Baked Eggs & Chanterelles or Plum Crumb Cake from Cannelle Vanille
- Braised Eggs with Leeks & Za’atar or Mushroom & Herb Polenta from Yotam Ottolenghi
- Tamago Kake Gohan or Vegan Rose & Chocolate Chip Spelt Waffle from Local Milk
Oh, and don’t forget the coffee!
Happy Mother’s Day to you mamas, wherever you are in your motherhood journey! Also, LOL.
Xo – Local Milk
My name is Beth, Elizabeth Evelyn to be exact. A native Tennessean, I was born in the South.
I am the author behind Local Milk Blog.
Local milk is a journal devoted to home cookery, travel, family, and slow living—to being present & finding sustenance of every kind.
It’s about nesting abroad & finding the exotic in the everyday.
Most of all it’s about the perfection of imperfections and seeing the beauty of everyday, mundane life.